Sunday, January 14, 2018

I Ship It

"We're going to need to repair the fuel tubes on that Nova 3-Z. No, no, the one in Bay 5. She took a heck of a beating back in...Oh Hello! Sorry, I didn't see you there. Happy Western Civilizations of Earth Solar Cycle to you!

Yes it's me, your ol' pal Barkley. Hmm? What am I up to? So glad you asked.





One of the interesting features of the Barking Alien Blog is our Space/Time Interphase Capacity Ket-Yield, or 'S.T.I.C.K.Y.' Hangar Bay, and Orbital Dock facilities. These unusual launching, landing, storage, and maintenance yards allow Adam to store every starship he has ever used in a Role Playing Game campaign.

No it's true!

Why everything from the very first faster-than-light vessel he ever used as a character to the Leviathan Class Heavy Cruiser from his upcoming The Orville game is docked here in S.T.I.C.K.Y. fleet yard facilities. 

Periodically throughout the year, Adam will be featuring one of these beauties on the blog in one of his irregularly regular features. This new one, entitled STARSHIP SUNDAYS, will give you information on the many galaxy-spanning space vehicles Adam and his players have featured over the last 40+ years.

Well, I'd love to chat with you some more but these ships don't stay in tip-top working order all by themselves. As it happens I'm covering for the lead Dockmaster Droid who's currently on leave. His wife had twins! Isn't that wonderful! No, I don't understand how it's possible either.

Hope to you see you again soon!

AD
Barking Alien

Additional Notes:

In this series I will showcase the interstellar (or even interplanetary) space vessels that have appeared in RPG games I've run or played in.

Just to be clear, a lot of these were ships used by the PC party in a campaign I ran and are therefore not original designs. Some are, but a lot of them are ships from the respective universes the campaigns were set in. For example, the PCs in a Star Trek game might have used a Miranda Class or a Nebula Class, vessels I certainly didn't come up with.

At the same time, I won't be covering the ship classes overall but the specific ship we used and what made it unique and special. 

I will also be discussing craft that my own PCs commanded. A lot of my Sci-Fi PCs have had ships, from one-man starfighters, to freighters, to the big capital ships. When I play SF games my desires are pretty simple; I want to be an alien and I want to own, or at the very least serve on a starship. Everything else is just icing on the cake. 







No comments:

Post a Comment