Saturday, August 6, 2016

The Universe Awaits

Oh boy. I'm already falling behind.

I've got a few posts ready, and waiting in the pipe, and I'm going to try to get a couple out today. Frankly I've been a bit off this week (not sleeping enough), and I'm trying hard to catch up. I hope to use the weekend to reboot myself, and be back to normal (for me) by Sunday.

I had this cool idea though, and I was wondering what you all thought of it...







When I begin playing No Man's Sky (which comes out next week - SQUEE!), I'm thinking of doing a series of posts in form of journal entries by my character in the game.






Essentially, each time I land on a new planet, or perhaps at the end after I leave it, I will write up my experience in the massive virtual environment of the computer game as if I were a future space explorer keeping a 'travel log' style record.

What do you think? I think it will be fun, but will it be interesting to read?

Let me know in the comments.

Thanks, see you round the galaxy!

AD
Barking Alien








4 comments:

  1. Yep, go for it. I won't be playing it for a while so I can enjoy it through your journal instead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I formatted a word template for journaling this game.

    See also: https://www.nmsorigins.com/ specifically designed for this. There may be mobile apps coming.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't planning to jump into this game but you keep talking about it and now I keep thinking about it ...

    ReplyDelete