Thursday, August 27, 2015

RPGaDay Challenge 2015 - Day 27

Now this one is interesting...




Favorite idea for merging two game together, huh? Favorite idea.

I like the wording here for once. This is not necessarily the best merging of games you've ever done, but rather the best idea you think you've had for doing so.

Nice.

A tough question too. I've merged many ideas together, crossbred some games from story to system, and at the same time, I'm not a fan of subjects that seem to hodge-podged, and thrown together needlessly.

As a genre junkie, I feel one must be careful when mixing together two very strong ingredients. What seems like chocolate and peanut butter could in reality be oil and water, or worse, acid and bleach.

With that, there is still the desire to combine two of my favorite ideas together, like Space Adventure and Superheroes (Did that), Space Adventure and Mecha (Done), or Mecha and Superheroes (Yeppers).

These are genres however, not 'games'. For two games I'd most like to merge, things definitely get a bit trickier. I've had the idea of the Traveller universe with giant robots a la' Mekton, which I dubbed 'MechaTraveller', That's one I particularly like.

Favorite idea though, hmmm..

I think I'd have to go with an idea I came up with about a year ago, but haven't had the chance to do anything with. Attack The Block, The Role Playing Game. Combining Japan's Asian Punk. Tarantino-esque Crime RPG SATASUPE Remix, with the All-Australian Sci-Fi Comedy game, Hunter Planet, and based on the awesome film of the same name, I think this thing would rock as a one-shot, or maybe even a short campaign.

Well, that's my answer for Day 27.

"Are we there yet?"

Almost kids. Almost.

AD
Barking Alien







No comments:

Post a Comment