Friday, May 2, 2014

Not So Super

What a day.

I just discovered that one of my players, and a good friend of mine, is leaving NYC, moving away as early as the 20th of this month.

He is not only a key figure in our Traveller game, but his character for tomorrow's Champions game is one of my favorites of the bunch.

To top it off, I think I want to finally, once and for all, boot Marcus.

I spent the better part of the day, on and off, arguing with him as one of the other players noted a great idea for our new Champions game, I sent it out to everyone and only he returned a negative comment. Did I mention there will be 9 players tomorrow, not including myself as GM. So out of 10 gamers, 1 didn't like the idea. Who didn't like it? Marcus of course.

Why? Probably because he didn't come up with it. It was an idea by another player and he doesn't want another player speaking for him or telling him what's what. Maybe it was because the idea was logical and cool and fit the genre. Marcus hates that kind of stuff. Maybe it's because Marcus just enjoy being contrary.

I pick D.


D)  ALL OF THE ABOVE


So I may be down two of my regulars come next month. That stinks the big stinky stink.

Hopefully some of the new additions will stay on.

Grumble. Got to get ready for tomorrow.




AD
Barking Alien

Art by Andreas Englund



4 comments:

  1. At nine players, especially for Champions, I think you can tell this guy, "you know, I don't think this campaign is right for you."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rule zero. Have fun. FUN!!! If Marcus isn't obeying a rule so basic that it transcends genres, rulesets, publishers, (hell even numerical sequence!), then I don't think you should devote much mental or emotional effort or concern over his departure. Look at it as an opportunity for someone better to become a regular, someone who can play nice with others...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nine players = expendable when one or two (heck, three or four) are a problem. I only wish I could get 4 players to one Champions session!

    ReplyDelete