Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Not Quite Feeling It

Yet.

That is, I am not quite feeling the Traveller campaign I am preparing to run.

I am in one of my moods. I am incredibly inspired, partly thanks to a new relationship, partly because I just finished my campaign at the Learning Center with the kids and I'm looking forward to the summer program. Unfortunately I am also a little unfocused.

I say a little because my head is still in Sci-Fi mode but it isn't really on Traveller.

I've been reading and re-reading InSpace, the rule lite space exploration variant of the game InSpectres which explores the type of 'Big Science Fiction' mysteries found in Solaris, Forbidden Planet and 2001: A Space Odyssey.

The new edition of Starships and Spacemen has had the effect of making me look at the original once more, as well as
E.T. Smith's super cool update.

Then there's all the IP setting ideas I have, most notably something a big more tongue-in-cheek (after the deadly seriousness of much of our Champions game) such as Red Dwarf or
Galaxy Quest (yeah, haven't revisited that in a while).

Anyway, I'm sure I'll come around. In the meantime I do have other things to address and hope to get back to regular posting pretty soon. Maybe it'll help me sort things out.

AD
Barking Alien




No comments:

Post a Comment