Monday, February 6, 2012

Wasting Time

I really dislike wasting time.

Of course, I am relatively flexible about what I deem 'time well spent'. Playing RPGs, brainstorming, laughing and hanging out with friends, these are not wastes of time by any means. That are important, necessary, and they make it easier to handle the rest of the baggage and garbage life has to offer.

So this weekend, with some exception, was wasted.

True, I got to run my game at the learning center in Brooklyn for the kids and it was fun but the rest of the weekend felt like I accomplished nothing. When I say nothing I mean I didn't even accomplish that unwinding and recharging that comes with enjoying ones self in some way on the weekend.

The end result is I am starting this week a bit under-enthused. That is why this post is such a downer. Sorry. I felt the need to get this off my chest and placed somewhere. I chose here. It's my blog, I can do what I want right?

If you want to know what RPGs do for me, what purpose they ultimately serve in my life it's this...they prevent and neutralize this. They get right of this feeling of nearly crippling blah.

A new game is needed. And soon.

AD
Barking Alien

5 comments:

  1. Hope your week gets better. :)

    Great job running that game for kids. Are you not in a regular campaign right now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I noted a few posts back, my Champions game is on hiatus due to difficulties in scheduling. We are going to make an attempt next Saturday and my fingers are crossed. The group has been somewhat unreliable about showing up on time if at all and so I can only hope for the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, campaign or not it's Star Wars week! 3d! Waiting at the end of the week!

    I'm not always eager to give Mr Lucas still more money, but I'm ok with this because I get to watch them in theaters with my kids for the first time.

    That's my contribution to a more positive outlook this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could agree with you Blacksteel but isn't it the Phantom Menace that is up first? You'd have to pay me to watch that film again. Extra hazard pay for 3D.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's probably my least favorite but I am a fan of Master Neeson's work, and the duel and the podrace should be fun in 3D. I'll be happier when we get to the classics but starting small is fine.

    I'd still like to hear more about your kid game too - what you're doing, if the same kids play it every time, if any of them ask about it in between, what aspects they seem to like the most. It is on-topic and you have been doing it for a while now, so share some more.

    ReplyDelete