Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Voyage Into The Unknown...Ponies

I would be remiss in my duties as an advocate of trying something different (as well as a lousy friend), if I did not direct your attention to the blog of the amazing Erin Palette's, Lurking Rhythmically, and her My Life Pony: Friendship is Magic homebrew Unknown Ponies: Failure Is Awesome.


While I can't claim to be an expert on either the new My Little Pony series nor the Unknown Armies system, I do have a passing familiarity with both and this looks like a pretty solid interpretation. I really like the way Erin made the mechanics match the feel of the show and used terms taken directly from the MLP universe. This is the sort of thing I heavily endorse.

If you're a pony fan it's a must! If your an Unknown Armies fan you'll be WOWed. If you just want to take a look at how an IP can be easily and smoothly translated into an RPG, I highly recommend taking a gander.

AD
Barking Alien

1 comment:

  1. I see that your bronification has begun. Good. Soon it will be complete.

    Soon.

    SOON.

    ;P

    ReplyDelete