Monday, July 25, 2011

High on Playing, Low on Posts

So far this summer I've been able to game far more then I expected, which is, generally speaking, pretty awesome. Factor in that one game is a kick butt campaign of Champions, another is a fantasy adventure game with a bunch of young kids and the last is enjoying being a player for once and I'd say I'm both pretty lucky and pretty happy.

At the same time, only 14 posts by the 25th of the month is a fairly poor showing for me. At the very least it feels like it is. There is no quota I know but I can't help but feel I should be posting more. I mean, a lot of gaming is happening so I should have a lot to say, right?

Thing is, real life has been even busier then play time and at the end of the day I just want to read a little, email some friends and go to sleep. That may sound normal to some but for someone who has lived with pretty severe insomnia most of my life it's a relatively unfamiliar experience. I don't understand how people can sleep 8 hours or more. How do they get anything done?

It's not like I don't have stuff to talk about either. The experience I am having with trying to return to running a game for my friends at our FLGS is, well, an experience that I would like to share just to see if anyone else goes through this kind of thing. I need to update where we are with Champions. I'd love to talk about Star Trek gaming again as I have been thinking about it a lot lately. I have a take on 'Does System Matter?' that I'd love to address.

I suppose I should envy myself. I get to game and not suffer through having to talk about gaming without getting to do it. Until time frees itself,

AD
Barking Alien



1 comment:

  1. Nah, don't worry about it. Just take some notes so you can post about it later!

    ReplyDelete